Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Me encanta Barcelona

Hola from Spain!!!!


Everything went very smoothly with the trip over to Spain and I have now been living in Barcelona for 2 and a half weeks. I am absolutely loving it here!!! I am here getting certified to teach English as a foreign language and the course is going well. It´s a lot of work because we have lessons in the morning about teaching techniques, grammar etc. and then in the afternoon we teach real English learners. Although a little nerve-racking at first teaching actual students is such an invaluable experience and I am thankful I get to do so. I definitely feel I made the right decision in coming here to take this course.


On a lighter note exploring Barcelona has been a blast. Every weekend my roommates and new friends from Seattle Kelcie and Jennifer and I go site-seeing in an effort to see all we can! They are a ton of a fun and we get along great which has made this experience all the better. Also I have met tons of really cool people here from all over Europe and am completely inspired to gain more experience living abroad. It´s so fun to meet people with all different native languages, backgrounds and stories. In addition, my apartment is right near the beach which is so nice for obvious reasons:).







With my roomies Kelcie and Jennifer at Park Guell






I love living right by the beach.






New friends from Germany @ Q-Bar






Park Guell!!!






At Gaudi´s Park Guell....my favorite site in Barcelona thus far:)




View from Park Guell...you can see all the way to the beach and Mediterranean Sea!





Gaudi Museum in Park Guell





In front of Casa Batllo one of Antoni Gaudi´s most famous buildings








Casa Batllo, the roof is supposed to be a dragon´s back ad the balconies are inspired by carnival masks and represent the dragon´s victims.





Posing with my roommate and new friend Jennifer from Seattle




Team BCN shadows on Passeig de Gracia





"Be happy in this moment... for this moment is your life"



Absolutely loving this experience:)





-Danielle

No comments: